Bob Allen Scholarship
NEWYORK STATE AMATEUR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION 2005 Bob Allen Scholarship Application For High School or Prep School Seniors Bob Allen Scholarships:Four (4) scholarships of $750.00 each
- Senior in a New York High School , or a New York State resident attending a Prep school
- New York State Amateur Hockey Association member (past or present)
- Plan to attend a four-year, two-year or vocational school full time (12 credit hours or more).
- Application must be postmarked prior to April 1, 2005 to Doug Ackley at 5 Rosebrier Ave., Massena NY 13662. Application must be typed or printed neatly.
- Provide three (3) recommendations from people that are not members of your family. Use the forms provided.
- Submit most recent high school transcript with application.
(Points will be awarded for number of years in each activity):
- Academic status
- Number of years as a member of NYS Amateur Hockey
- Scholastic Honors/Awards
- Curricular and extracurricular activities
- Positions of leadership held
- Community related activities
- Letters of recommendation
- Applicant essay
The application can be printed out from the NYS web site at www.nysaha.com. Once on the site, just click on Scholarship Program.
James W. Vogel Memorial Scholarship
The preferred criteria for the James W. Vogel Memorial Scholarship Fund are as follows
- Each applicant should be a senior in high school applying to a two or four year college or university.
- Each applicant should have participated in the Amherst Hockey Association House League, Town Team or a combination of both for six full seasons.
- The scholarship should be awarded for the first year of college only and paid directly to the college.
- The eligible applicants should be certified to the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo by the Committee of the Association consisting of the President, Vice President and Registrar.
- Relative need between all applicants should be a consideration but not the sole consideration of the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo.
- Character and recommendations should be considered by the Foundation.
Students should go to the http://www.cfgb.org website after March 1st to obtain the application. The application is due at the Foundation or postmarked with an official USPS on or before June 1st. The support materials are due at the Foundation, or postmarked with an official USPS mark by July 1st. If students do not meet the preferred criteria listed below, please still encourage them to apply since we have over 70 scholarship funds for students with financial need. Scholarships are restricted to: permanent residents of one of the eight counties of WNY; attending or planning to attend an accredited non profit school; full-time students at the undergraduate level with at least a 2.0 or "C" average.
anyone with further questions concerning the .James W. Vogel Memorial Scholarship Fund should contact
Michelle Tomasula, Program Associate
Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
712 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
(716) 852-2857 Fax: (716) 852-2861